Asrol is also known as choti chundan, Indian snake-root, devil pepper, serpentine wood or Rauvolfia serpentina. It is native to the Indian subcontinent and East Asia. The root is used to make medicine.
Indian snakeroot has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine in India, mainly for high blood pressure and mental illness. Also, one of the chemicals in Indian snakeroot is the same as a prescription drug called reserpine. Reserpine has been used to treat mild to moderate high blood pressure, schizophrenia, and some symptoms of poor circulation.
Uses Of Asrol or Chuti Chundan:
- Asrol is a potent anti-hypertensive herb, actually its alkaloid reduces the heart rate and thus reduces the high blood pressure.
- Asrol is very much useful in Insomnia and useful in mental disorders
- Asrol is having antibacterial property
- Asrol is useful in schizophrenia and giddiness
- Asrol is good for relieving vertigo and good for relieving hysteria.
- Asrol is good for allergic reactions in skin,and useful in case of insect bite, as it minimizes the toxic effects.
- Asrol having uterine contraction properties, which are ideal for inducing labour pains.
- Asrol is good for management of sunburn of skin.
- Asrol contracts uterus and induces menstruation.
- Asrol is also helpful in epilepsy and good for anxiety.
- Asrol is a good for premature ejaculation
- Asrol is good in case of chronic fever and also in joint pains.